Who is Jane Link, NP?
Jane Link has been a mentor and leader among nurse practitioners. She is recognized for the dedication she has to the profession and the time she has given to patients, students and colleagues. She graduated from the fourth class of NP students from UNC Chapel Hill in 1975. She took the first certification exam ever offered to Nurse Practitioners in 1976. At that time, Nurse Practitioners were certified but did not have to graduate from a masters prepared program. At age 50, Jane went back to school and completed the requirements for a Masters in Nursing from Samuel Merritt University in 2003.Jane has practiced in a variety of practice settings including rural health, woman's health, pediatrics, urgent care/retail care and family practice. Jane is retired and living in the Charlotte area.
Ms. Jane Link is a founding member of Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners. She served as MCNP Regional Liaison for over 16 years prior to retiring. In addition, she has been a member of NCNA/SCNA for the entirety of her nursing career. The Jane Link scholarship fund was created by the Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (MCNP) Board of Directors in 2007 to honor the dedication and achievements of the organizations’ co-founder Jane Link, NP.
To support nurse practitioner students who are currently enrolled in an accredited nurse practitioner program. The Jane Link Spring Scholarship is intended to advance the profession of nurse practitioners by fostering professional development and leadership opportunities in MCNP student members. Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in selected MCNP organizational activities throughout the year.
Who is Eligible?
All nurse practitioner student candidates must meet the following application criteria:
1. Be enrolled and attending an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program or completing doctoral studies in nursing.
2. Eligible candidates must also be in good standing per program director.
3. Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) and completed 2 semesters of study.
4. Be an active MCNP member in good standing with MCNP
The Jane Link Spring Scholarship, in an amount to be determined by the MCNP Board of Directors, will be awarded annually each Spring.
--Application opens: February 15, 2021--Deadline for all interested applicants is midnight, April 16, 2021.
--All applications must be submitted electronically on or before the respective deadlines.
--MCNP Board of Directors shall notify the chosen scholarship recipient of its decision.
-- Once you have submitted your application, this allows the MCNP Board of Directors to designate a MCNP scholarship ad hoc committee to review your information. Your information will be kept protected and seen only by this committee.
The scholarship payment will be made after the next MCNP monthly dinner meeting. All scholarship checks will be made payable to the scholarship recipient.
**The MCNP Scholarship Fund Committee retains the right to withhold scholarship grants in any year if no candidate is determined to be qualified.**
1. Complete the MCNP Jane Link Spring Scholarship application form.
2. Provide a current copy of unofficial school transcript.
3. Include most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume.
4. Provide one letter of recommendation (one must be from faculty) and an optional second letter from a preceptor, colleague, supervisor etc. may also be submitted if the applicant so chooses.
5. Write 500 words or less essay explaining why you have chosen to become a nurse practitioner or pursue doctoral studies. Discuss how you have incorporated MCNP’s core values into your nursing practice and support MCNP’s mission.
How to Apply
Please submit completed application (see below) by midnight on the above noted date electronically.