Who is Dr. Linda Moore?
Dr. Linda Moore is a leader and mentor among nurse practitioners. She is recognized for the dedication she has to the profession and the time she has given to patients, students, and colleagues. She is a Gerontology Nurse Practitioner. She received her BSN at Duke University and her EdD from the University of Virginia. She practiced for many years as a Nurse Practitioner at the Multiple Sclerosis Center at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. She is the author of numerous publications. She continues to be actively involved in research focused on Alzheimer's communication. She is an Associate Professor Emeritus at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. She is a founding member of the Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners. She was recognized in 2008 by the Board of Directors for her many contributions to MCNP by the announcement of the Fall Scholarship in her honor.
The purpose of the MCNP scholarships are to honor the legacy of two of our founding members. The two scholarships were named for Dr. Linda Moore and Jane Link, NP by the 2008 MCNP Board of Directors. A scholarship recipient will exemplify the core values of MCNP.
The scholarships offer support to nurse practitioner students who are pursing graduate level education to become a nurse practitioner or returning to nursing school to pursue doctoral studies (either for a DNP or PhD in Nursing). The Dr. Linda Moore scholarship/Jane Link Scholarships are intended to advance the profession of nurse practitioners by fostering professional development and leadership opportunities in MCNP student members. Scholarship recipients will be expected to participate in selected MCNP organizational activities, if awarded the scholarship.
Who is Eligible?
All nurse practitioner student candidates must meet the following application criteria:
1. Be enrolled and attending an accredited graduate nurse practitioner program.
2. Eligible candidates must also be in good standing per program director.
3. Have a grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
4. Be an active MCNP member in good standing with MCNP.
The Dr. Linda Moore Scholarship in an amount to be determined by the MCNP Board of
Directors will be awarded annually each Fall.
--Deadline for all interested applicants is midnight, October 31, 2020
--All applications must be submitted electronically on or before the respective deadlines.
--The MCNP Board of Directors shall notify the chosen scholarship recipient of its decision.
-- Once you have submitted your application, this allows the MCNP Board of Directors to designate a MCNP scholarship ad hoc committee to review your information. Your information will be kept protected and seen only by this committee.
--The scholarship payment will be made after the next MCNP monthly dinner meeting. All scholarship checks will be made payable to the scholarship recipient.
**The MCNP Scholarship Fund Committee retains the right to withhold scholarship grants in any year if no candidate is determined to be qualified.**
1. Complete the MCNP Dr. Linda Moore Fall Scholarship application form.
2. Provide a current copy of unofficial school transcript.
3. Include most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV).
4. Provide one letter of recommendation (one must be from faculty) and an optional second letter from a preceptor, colleague, supervisor etc… may also be submitted if the applicant so chooses.
5. Write 500 words or less essay explaining why you have chosen to become a nurse practitioner and how your involvement in the Metrolina Coalition of Nurse Practitioners will have an impact on your practice as a nurse practitioner after graduation.
How to Apply
Please submit completed application (see below) by midnight on the above noted date electronically